updated 25 Apr 2013
The Humanitarian Forum & Fair (HFF2013) is the one and only occasion during which different ministries and groups within our Catholic community (across the Archdiocese in Singapore) involved in overseas humanitarian aid work and mission trips, come together to discuss experiences, share theologicial reflections, put up booths showcasing mission works and publicizing other mission opportunities.
This forum takes place once every two years, and this is the second time it is being organised. This event is ideally suited for all who are involved in service related overseas mission work. I hope you will support mission work by participating in this year’s HFF. A kind sponsor who believes that this event is very important for the development of mission work in the Church has agreed to sponsor all participants from ACTS.
Hope to see you there.
On behalf of ACTS committee
A. Impressive Speaker lineup:
- Keynote Speech "Compassion At Crossroads" by Alistair Dutton, Humanitarian Director, Caritas Internationalis.
- Theological Reflection 'Faith in Mission or Mission with Faith' by Cardinal Rodriguez Maradiaga, Archbishop of Tegucigalpa & President, Caritas Internationalis.
- Plenary Session “Mission in Action” comprising professionals with first hand experience in different areas of mission work including our very own Dr Damian Png, Vice Chairman, ACTS.
B. Participation in Breakout Discussions:
- 5 different panels of experienced Missioners will lead breakout discussions.
- Topics have been tailored to suit novice missioners to seasoned ones.
- A special session customized for Youth missions.
C. Networking and Signup opportunities:
- Engage directly with organisations from different locations, for different causes outside Singapore.
- Locations include Myanmar, Indonesia, Philippines, Cambodia, East Timor and more.
D. Appreciate the Singapore Catholic family that extends help to those in need within our country and overseas
- Meet the people who are in action when disaster strikes, and continue throughout the months and years of rehabilitation when they are no longer headline news.
E. Humanitarian Concert: “Dancing Rice”
- HFF2013 features a collaboration between a 70-member international-touring troupe from Battanbang-Arrupe-Tahen in Cambodia, and the team behind the ‘13:34’ Year for Priests musical.
- This Cambodian dance troupe showcases youths who have been affected by landmines and celebrates the talents and spirit that refuses to be crippled by their physical shortcomings.
How to SIGN Up?
Fill in and submit the form below TODAY!
Your registration fee of $15 for members of ACTS is sponsored.
CHARIS-ACTS HFF 2013 Registration Form:
For logistics and follow up, we will require those attending to complete the registration before 30th April 2013.
Hope to see you there.